Application deadline: September 10, 2023
Pickleball Canada is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to engage in leadership roles with our organization.
We are looking for two individuals to sit on our Board of Directors and be involved with the various standing and planned committees that help shape and direct our activities and programs. In particular, PCO is looked for an individual with:
- Pickleball sport experience (1-year mandate)
- National Sport Organization (NSO) experience (1-year mandate)
Meetings and time commitment:
- Board of Directors members will be expected to commit to a maximum of two face-to-face meetings per year pending their respective work agendas.
- Board members are asked to attend additional virtual meetings (approx. 6 additional meetings), through the year to maintain contact and remain current on organizational activities
- Board members are asked to attend no more than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Pickleball Canada’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote Pickleball Canada’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with Pickleball Canada’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Pickleball Canada.
Any individual who is eighteen (18) years of age or older, who has the time, energy, and expertise to fulfill the commitment as a Director, who meets one or more of the required skills, who has the power under law to contract and who is a member of the Corporation in good standing may be nominated for election as a Director. Nominations must be supported by a voting Member of Pickleball Canada.
If you are interested in being a part of creating the future of Pickleball in Canada, please consider applying for the Board positions outlined in this document.
Applications should include the following:
- Completed Board of Directors application document
- Written consent of the nominee by signature
- Cover letter and resume of nominee
APPLICATION PROCESS – Please send all applications to email@example.com