The Pickleball Canada Organization has a set of statements that guide and inform its priorities, plans and programs. Pickleball Canada strives to ensure that its areas of focus and the decisions it makes are aligned with our organization’s Purpose, Core Values and Vision.
To develop and sustain a dynamic, integrated Canadian system that promotes participation, competition and excellence in pickleball.
To assist and promote the growth of Pickleball as a sport for all ages and to establish rules, policies, and standards for the good governance of the sport in Canada.
The number, diversity and achievements of Canadians playing pickleball will steadily increase as Pickleball Canada thrives as a world class sports organization.
In its role as a national sports organization, Pickleball Canada pursues the following Sports Development Goals:
- Canadians have the opportunity and support to acquire the fundamental skills, knowledge and attitude to participate in organized pickleball (Introduction to Pickleball).
- Canadians have the opportunity and support to participate in the sport of pickleball for fun, health, social relaxation, and to experience personal development and some form of competition. (Recreational Pickleball).
- Canadians have the opportunity and support to systematically improve and measure their performance against others in competition in a safe and ethical manner (Competitive Pickleball).
- Canadians are systematically achieving world-class results at the highest levels of international competition through fair and ethical means (High Performance Pickleball).
- Pickleball is used as a tool for social and economic development, and for the promotion of positive values and the building of healthy, active communities in Canada and abroad (Pickleball for Development).
- Welcoming, inclusive and accessible
Our sport embraces and supports players of all ages, abilities and interests; we foster social connections and a sense of community.
- New ways, better ways
Pickleball Canada is innovative and progressive, and we engage our partners and empower passionate leaders.
- Safe in our sport
Our players, coaches, officials, and other volunteers have a right to be free from harassment, abuse, unethical behaviour, and discrimination.
Strategic Plan 2021-2023 is a framework for strategic, Operational, and budget planning. Advancing Pickleball for All, for Life