We are very pleased to inform you that the Unify Pickleball Task Force (UPTF) and the World Pickleball Federation (WPF) have completed a signed letter of intent (LOI) with the goal of working towards an agreement. With the LOI now signed, the following steps are now in process:
- An Engagement Team has been established, composed of 3 WPF delegates and 3 UPTF delegates chaired by an independent facilitator.
- The purpose of this Engagement Team is to guide and facilitate the transition to a unified international federation for pickleball that complies with the Basic Universal Principles of Good Governance of the Olympics, Paralympics and the general world Sports Movement.
- The Engagement Team will discuss and formulate proposals including critical aspects of the transition such as Name, Branding, Country Membership Criteria, Invitation to Non-member Countries to join, basis of voting at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), etc.
INVITATION TO FOLLOW OUR ACTION
As you are aware from our previous communications, the purpose of the UPTF is to guide and facilitate the establishment of an international governing body for pickleball that complies with the Basic Universal Principles of Good Governance of the Olympics, Paralympics and the general world Sports Movement.
While much work remains, we are delighted with the progress made thus far as a result of our communications with WPF.
- The WPF has positively responded to our initial request and already agreed with several proposed bylaw changes.
- The Engagement Team process has been agreed as the vehicle to facilitate the transition.
We are confident that the outcome from the Engagement Team process will be an entity ready to become the international federation for pickleball and fully compliant with international sporting norms.
We therefore invite your organisation to engage with either ourselves (UPTF) or the WPF directly in order to obtain all the necessary information to enable you to plan your course of action regarding joining the new entity.
The Unify Pickleball Task Force (*)
(*) Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, England, France, Mexico, Philippines, Spain, United States