On the Pickleball Canada Website go to SANCTIONING. Review the requirements for a Sanctioned Tournament, then fill in the Tournament Sanctioning Application.
FAQ Group: Membership FAQ - Clubs
What functions are available in the Pickleball Canada National System (PCNS)?
An affiliated club has access to the PCNS. It is a bilingual system and features:
- Membership Management
- direct membership signup – one fee payment for club, PTSO and Pickleball Canada
- individual access to member’s profile
- automatic receipt of fees to the club bank account
- financial and membership tracking/trends
- full access to membership information
- ability to set membership types – such as juniors, or seasonal
- mass email communication
- newsletter function
- Website – free website that is quite easy to customize
- Commercial Application – an online store function to sell merchandise and keep track of inventory
- Event Management – promote and register for a clinic or a social event
- Competition Management – set up ladder and league play
- Including tournament (National) and club performance ratings (later in 2021)
How does our club join Pickleball Canada?
A club becomes a part of Pickleball Canada by affiliating with their Provincial/Territorial Sports Organization (PTSO). As was noted in question 2 Pickleball Canada has agreements with almost all provinces/territories in Canada. A minimum requirement is that all members of the club must also be members of Pickleball Canada and their respective PTSO. Additionally, the club/organization:
- recognizes Pickleball Canada as the governing body of pickleball in Canada
- supports Pickleball Canada’s initiatives to advance and govern the sport of pickleball in Canada
- supports the vision, purpose, core values and strategic objectives of Pickleball Canada
- supports and adheres to the policies published by Pickleball Canada
- adheres to and supports the International Federation of Pickleball rules of play as adopted by Pickleball Canada and updated from time to time. [This is an Insurance compliance requirement.]
- will assign one individual who will act as the primary account administrator
- agrees to use the approved Pickleball Canada process to register new and renewing memberships
All club members must electronically accept and agree to the insurance waiver on the Pickleball Canada web site.
Once the club is affiliated with their provincial/territorial body, the PTSO will inform Pickleball Canada and the club will be added to the affiliated club list.