Dear Pickleball Canada Member,
We are pleased to announce that the 2021 Pickleball Canada National Championship in Red Deer this August 10-15, is a GO!
Yes, you read that right, let’s play pickleball! Red Deer is gearing up for the finest championship ever and are very optimistic about the Open For Summer Plan.
- Alberta is entering Stage 2 on June 10th, of their Open For Summer Plan, and the Stage 3 opening is anticipated to be in July, which removes most of the restrictions in place.
- Should the situation change, so may our future plans. If AHS (Alberta Health Services) delays Stage 3, or introduces more restrictions, we may be forced to cancel due to provincial guidelines.
We are closely monitoring the AHS updates in Alberta as well as in the USA, regarding the number of cases. History tells us that government health plans can change quite rapidly depending on case counts. Particularly after key holiday events.
Completing Your Registration and Payment
- July 1st, 2021. You will be prompted to return to Pickleball Brackets Website to complete your registration and pay for your events.
- While you are in Pickleball Brackets, please take a look and select the evening meals and entertainment you would like to attend.
- Players please ensure that you have paid your Club, Provincial and PCO fees before you attempt to pay your tournament fees in Pickleball Brackets.
We are delaying payment collection for as long as possible. You have time to make your travel plans, and also weigh the potential risks. The Provincial travel restrictions, as well as isolation requirements are your responsibility. You may be required to provide proof of vaccination, or isolation either leaving your home or returning. You can confirm at the following link – Alberta AHS guidelines here.
In the next few weeks we will be releasing more information on travel, accommodations, things to do, tours, and other events that may be of interest to you. Our concierge team has curated a number of activities and services to make your trip to Red Deer, Alberta an unforgettable experience! Explore Red Deer!
The Fine Print:
It’s worth repeating, the Nationals are contingent upon AHS provincial health measures and restrictions. You can follow AHS guidelines for further details here.