Effective January 1, 2021
Insurance coverage is only provided to Pickleball Canada Organization (PCO), Provincial/Territorial Sports Organization (PTSO), PTSO Affiliated Club (Club), PCO members, and their volunteers while participating in an authorized activity.
COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY
- $5,000,000 Limit of Liability
- $2,000,000 Directors & Officers Errors & Omission
- $1,000,000 Tenants Legal Liability
Provides reimbursement for specified amounts of injury that are not covered by your Private insurance or Provincial/Territorial Health Care Plan. Schedule of Benefits.
- Pickleball played in Canada by a member, including warm-ups and practice. Play must be in substantial accordance with IFP rules.
- Tournament play in Canada. May be sanctioned, non-sanctioned, club or inter-club play.
- Instruction, coaching, teaching, rating, or similar sessions done in conjunction with a PTSO or Club. The Club or PTSO must be in control of the registration of players, collection of any fees, assignment of coaches/trainers, training content and payment of any fees to instructors/trainers.
- Demonstrations of the sport by a member.
- Board or committee meetings/AGM and consequential Board actions and activities, excluding any activities involving alcohol.
- Socials that do not include alcohol, while held in conjunction with an authorized activity.
PCO Insurance policies DO NOT provide coverage for:
- Private Clubs, Organizations, Individuals or Groups who operate any type of business.
- Abuse, harassment, or molestation.
- Social activities that are not held in conjunction with an authorized activity.
- Social activities involving alcohol.
- Claims arising out of virus, bacteria, or disease.
- All activities other than playing and practicing pickleball in Canada outside of club activities.
PCO requires that all participants participating in a PCO activity sign a liability waiver. The liability waiver releases PCO, PTSO, Club and members from any and all claims. Copy of waivers are as follows:
- All provinces/territories except Quebec (English) — completed sample
- All provinces/territories except Quebec (English) – blank form
- Quebec (French) – blank form
- Quebec (English) – blank form
SPORT ACCIDENT CLAIM FORM
The foregoing outline of coverage provided by the policies is not intended to change, modify, or alter any policy terms, provisions, conditions, and exclusions.
For more information, please contact:
Insurance & Risk Management