Pickleball Canada is excited to begin accepting bids for the hosting of the 2024 Pickleball Canada National Championship, the largest pickleball tournament in the country.
Given its practice of alternating Nationals between Eastern and Western Canada, and that Regina was selected to host the 2023 championships, Pickleball Canada is looking forward to receiving expressions of interest and bids from potential hosts from Ontario and provinces/territories east of Ontario.
Hosting the National Championships will bring a great sense of pride to the pickleball community in the host city, as well as the economic impact of bringing athletes, and their friends and families, and their spending dollars from across the country. Furthermore, local players will benefit from the opportunity to play in the Pickleball Canada National Championship right in their own backyard.
While the official Bid Book (https://pickleballcanada.org/tournaments/pickleball-canada-championships-and-bid-book/) lays out the various information requested of potential hosts for the 2024 Pickleball Canada National Championship, some of the key points are:
- The ideal timing is late August or early September 2024
- A minimum of 20 pickleball courts is recommended (indoor and/or outdoor), although with the tremendous growth of pickleball in Canada since the bid book was created, we suggest a minimum of 25 courts. As an FYI, the 2023 Nationals have 28 courts, and the 2022 Nationals had 35 courts
- A Host can consist of a single Pickleball Canada affiliated pickleball club, or multiple clubs working together as one host
- A local organizing committee must be established, with the tournament chair and tournament director approved by Pickleball Canada
- The Host has the primary responsibility for the running of the tournament, with support from Pickleball Canada
Potential hosts are encouraged to review the Bid Book and give consideration to preparing a bid to host the 2024 Pickleball Canada National Championship. If you are interested, please send an Expression of Interest by Friday, April 14, 2023 to Dave Harris firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who submit an Expression of interest are permitted to submit a bid.
The deadline for submitting bids is May 7, 2023. Pickleball Canada expects to notify the club with the successful bid by May 21, 2023.