Pickleball Canada entered into an agreement in April, 2021, with Pickleball Brackets, located in Buffalo, NY, for preferred pricing on software solutions for affiliated clubs and organizations in Canada. These solutions are
- Ratings Engine software
- Tournament software
- League & Ladder software.
Special pricing has been negotiated on all three options.
Some of the many calculations:
- Number of games played
- This helps move a player up or down faster and seed them into the rating they should be in if they haven’t played many games.
- Point Differential
- This will adjust a game rating outcome differently based on the points from both teams
- 15-2 win will calculate a different rating outcome than a 15-13 result.
- Team Rating
- Team rating is NOT calculated as 50 / 50. This is because we all know the weaker player will get 65% to 80% of the balls.
- PickleballBrackets.com moves the team rating to 65 / 35.
- This allows higher skilled players to play with lower skilled players and not have such a negative impact on their rating forlosses.
- Team_Rating = (((Higher_Rating – Lower_Rating) * .35) + Lower_Rating)
- Jim is a 4.07003723
- Larry is a 4.61648851
- Their team rating would be: 4.26129517
- Many other calculations to ensure an accurate rating output.
Clubs will set a maximum point exchange per game to mitigate a team having “a bad day”.
The ratings engine processes game results and updates the players’ CTPRs for PCO sanctioned tournaments and, where requested, club ratings for non-sanctioned tournaments.
Pickleball Brackets provides a user-friendly and reasonably-priced option for both Pickleball Canada sanctioned (Tier 1, 2, 3, and 4) and club level (Tier 5) non-sanctioned tournaments. It handles advertising, registration and all aspects of tournament operations.
Tournament Directors will find the player CTPR information helpful in evaluating the appropriateness of the skill level for events entered and for event seeding purposes.
The ratings engine processes game results and updates players’ CTPRs for sanctioned tournaments and club ratings for non-sanctioned tournaments (if selected).
League & Ladder Solution
The PBB software makes it easy for clubs to run in-house sessions with end to end ease. Players go directly to PBB and opt in for sessions their club has decided to provide. Game results are captured and processed by the Ratings Engine. This updates individual player club ratings information in a similar manner to the CTPR.
There are many options available for set-ups and duration of leagues.
Contact _________________________ for more information and assistance setting up a ladder league in Pickleball Brackets.