Purpose and Mandate:
Pickleball is strengthened through the collaboration of National and Provincial/Territorial organizations. This level of collaboration and co-operation works to:
- Increase communication between officials at all levels
- Establish yearly initiatives for joint projects and activities
- Clarify roles and responsibilities between the various levels of governance of pickleball in Canada
- Reduce costs and share funding on joint projects and activities
- Collaborate on aspects of the game in Canada including all operations and development of the sport in Canada
The desired model of governance in Canada is one of shared responsibilities; whereby the national level (Pickleball Canada) establishes the national policies and standards and to various extents (to be negotiated) the provinces carry out the programs in compliance with these policies and standards.
- To share best practice regarding the organization, promotion and development of pickleball across Canada
- To advise Pickleball Canada as to how it can support such practices
- Work closely with the executive chairs and the Provincial/Territorial bodies to negotiate and develop written governance structures between the provinces/territories and Pickleball Canada
- Guide the development of all the Interprovincial/Territorial policies, standards, guidelines, practices and procedures on behalf of Pickleball Canada
- To make recommendations to the Board of Directors of Pickleball Canada in support of the development of the sport in Canada.
ITAC will be composed of one representative of each Province or Territory as selected by the Provincial/Territorial organization recognized by Pickleball Canada. Where no such organization is recognized the Board of Directors may name a representative from that jurisdiction.
The President, two Vice Presidents and any regional representatives will also be members of ITAC. Meetings will be chaired by one of the PCO representatives.
|PCO BC/Yukon Rep||Vacant|
|PCO Prairies Rep||Karen Rustemail@example.com|
|PCO Ontario Rep||Deanna Hanesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nova Scotia||Daniel Smithemail@example.com|
|New Brunswick||Lisa Weirfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Newfoundland & Labrador||Leonard Lyeemail@example.com|
|PCO Atlantic Rep||Pat Morrisonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PCO VP Ops and Admin||Tony Caseyemail@example.com|