Foundation and Alignments
The Pickleball Canada Organization has a set of statements that guide and inform its priorities, plans and programs. Pickleball Canada strives to ensure that its areas of focus and the decisions it makes are aligned with our organization's Purpose, Core Values and Vision.
PURPOSETo develop and sustain a dynamic, integrated Canadian system that promotes participation, competition and excellence in pickleball.
* Welcoming, inclusive and accessible
Our sport embraces and supports players of all ages, abilities and interests; we foster social connections and a sense of community.
* New ways, better ways
Pickleball Canada is innovative and progressive, and we engage our partners and empower passionate leaders.
* Safe in our sport
Our players, coaches, officials and other volunteers have a right to be free from harassment, abuse, unethical behaviour and discrimination.
The number, diversity and achievements of Canadians playing pickleball will steadily increase as Pickleball Canada thrives as a world class sports organization.
In its role as a national sports organization, Pickleball Canada pursues the following Sports Development Goals:
- Canadians have the opportunity and support to acquire the fundamental skills, knowledge and attitude to participate in organized pickleball (Introduction to Pickleball).
- Canadians have the opportunity and support to participate in the sport of pickleball for fun, health, social relaxation, and to experience personal development and some form of competition. (Recreational Pickleball).
- Canadians have the opportunity and support to systematically improve and measure their performance against others in competition in a safe and ethical manner (Competitive Pickleball).
- Canadians are systematically achieving world-class results at the highest levels of international competition through fair and ethical means (High Performance Pickleball)
- Pickleball is used as a tool for social and economic development, and for the promotion of positive values and the building of healthy, active communities in Canada and abroad
(Pickleball for Development)